"Our customers are always our priority and our commitment is clear. The high level of service and support you expect will continue as we guide you through the current challenges relating to COVID-19."
Melissa Elf, General Manager FCM Australia
Latest Travel Info
- Everyone arriving at an Australian international airport will need to quarantine in a hotel for two weeks as the government responds to the large number of cases related to returning travellers. PM Scott Morrison said “By no later than midnight tomorrow, that’s 11.59pm Saturday, states and territories will be quarantining all arrivals through airports in hotels and other accommodation facilities for the two weeks of their mandatory self-isolation, before they are able to return to their home,” he said. “If their home is in South Australia, or in Perth, or in Tasmania, and they have arrived in Melbourne. They will be quarantining in Melbourne. If it’s in Sydney, it will be in Sydney,” he said. More info to come. (last updated 27 March)
- Qatar Airways is expanding operations to Australia to help get people home. From 29 March, Qatar Airways will add an extra 48,000 seats to the market to help stranded passengers get home. More info. (last updated 27 March)
- Qantas Business Rewards has announced they are extending their current Membership Level and associated benefits for 12 months. The extension will be actioned automatically at the end of their Qantas Business Rewards Membership Year. (last updated 27 March)
- Qantas will be extending the validity of Qantas Club memberships. Details are soon to follow, but the airline expects to begin emailing Qantas Club members next week with more details. (last updated 27 March)
- Good news for Hilton Honors members. 2019 Status Extension: All members whose 2019 status was scheduled to be downgraded on 31 Mar 2020—whether it’s Diamond, Gold or Silver—will automatically receive an extension through 31 March 31 2021. 2020 Status Extension: Hilton Honors are extending 2020 member status through 31 March 2022. This means you will continue to enjoy all the Diamond, Gold or Silver benefits you have access to today for the next 24 months. Points Extension: Hilton Honors will pause the expiration of all Points scheduled to expire between now and 31 December 2020. (last updated 27 March)
- Virgin Australia Group has extended its domestic capacity reduction to 90%, including suspension of Tigerair Australia domestic services, effective immediately. More info. (last updated 25 March)
Do you need support to manage your travel program during this uncertain time?
Get the Latest from Trusted Sources
COVID-19 DASHBOARD NOW AVAILABLE
In response to client needs during the current pandemic, FCM has developed a COVID-19 Dashboard which can be deployed to customers via Secure, our travel risk management solution.
The COVID-19 Dashboard is designed to aid all customers by providing accurate and reliable information about the spread of the virus as well as timely departure and arrival reports to assist travel managers locate and communicate with their travellers.
The Dashboard has several components
- Risk Map outlining the location of confirmed cases worldwide
- Secure Flash Alert tab provides most up-to-date Critical Alerts issued by WorldAware along with a list of potentially affected travellers
- Secure's COVID-19 Dashboard is also powered by WorldAware's security and health risk ratings assisting customers to proactively assess the destinations most frequented by their travellers.