Malaysian airline Firefly announced today that it will suspend all flights into Singapore effective 1 December 2018, the day it was scheduled to transfer its operations from Changi International to Seletar.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why did Firefly suspend the Subang (SZB) – Singapore (SIN), Singapore (SIN) – Kuantan (KUA) and Singapore (SIN) – Ipoh (IPH) routes?
Firefly had to suspend flights into Singapore until the relevant authorities have cleared remaining matters in relation to the Singapore authority’s plan to move turbo-prop operations from Changi International to Seletar. Firefly has not been provided any definitive timeline by the authorities for the delay. Upon final approval from the authorities, Firefly will then resume its flights into Singapore.
2. What will happen to my bookings?
- If you have an existing reservation on the Subang (SZB) – Singapore (SIN) route or the Singapore (SIN) – Kuantan (KUA) route departing on 1 December 2018 and after
- We will try our level best to accommodate you on available flights operated by Malaysia Airlines (MAB) with no cost, or
- Get a full refund within 30 working days.
- If you have an existing reservation on the Singapore (SIN) – Ipoh (IPH) route departing on 1 December 2018 and after
- Get a full refund within 30 working days, or
- Change to your reservation to another destination operated by Firefly with no additional cost.
- Travellers holding tickets for travel on Malaysia Airlines codeshare (MH*) flights operated by Firefly (FY) to/from Singapore from 1 December 2018, until further notice, will also be permitted a one-time reservation change with waiver of change fee on tickets issued on or before 23 December 2018, subject to T&Cs.
3. Can I change my flight destination?
Yes, you may change to another destination operated by Firefly with no additional cost.
4. Will Firefly provide any compensation for my transportation costs, missed tours, connecting flights, cancellation for hotel booking or any other off pocket expenses incurred due to these route suspensions?
Unfortunately, we will not be providing any compensation for any missed tours, connecting flights with other airlines, cancellation for hotel booking or any other out of pocket expenses incurred due to these route suspensions. We are doing our best to minimise the disruption by providing forward notice and a list of service recovery options to assist affected passengers to make their preferred arrangements.
5. Who do I contact if I have any other concerns?
Please contact your dedicated travel consultant or Account Manager.