Canada is open to U.S. Travelers
Canada is back!
Effective August 9, 2021, U.S. travelers who have been fully vaccinated against the coronavirus will be allowed to travel to Canada without needing to quarantine.
To get you going, we've put together a comprehensive outline of everything you need to know to prepare for what might be your first international trip in a while.
From airline and flight information, to arrival testing steps and more — you can find all the resources below to ensure you're ready to visit Canada again.
Booking your trip
Ready when you are! If you’re planning to travel to Canada soon, feel free to reach out to your FCM Team at any time. We're here to support you every step of the way, from booking and pre-trip preparation, through to in-journey assistance.
Your travel checklist
We’ve put together a comprehensive checklist to make sure you have everything you need for a seamless journey. When traveling to Canada remember to:
- Download the ArriveCAN app and save your documents
- Check with your employer that you have sufficient travel insurance cover
- Carry a hard copy of your vaccine card, negative test and quarantine plan
Arrival testing steps and other info
Travelers must be fully vaccinated to travel to Canada without arrival quarantine. To be considered fully vaccinated, travelers must have received a full series of a vaccine or a combination of vaccines accepted by the government of Canada at least 14 days prior to entering Canada. Travelers must also complete up to three negative COVID tests:
- Within 72 hours of your outbound flight from the US
- Upon landing in Canada (these tests are randomized)
- Within 72 hours of your departure flight back to the US
Airline and flight information
Looking for direct flights to Canada? We've listed all airlines for you, along with additional information to help you understand what each airline offers.
- Contactless check-in is available with most chains, please check your mobile app should it be available at your specific property
- Cleanliness standards are in place at all FCM preferred hotel brands/chains
- Some hotels may have a limited or modified service including breakfast, on-site restaurants, and room service
- Face coverings are required in most indoor settings; please follow local guidelines as they may differ
Returning to the U.S.
There is nothing specific you need to do when leaving Canada other than to make sure you have completed a test and received a negative result.
Once back in the U.S., please remember that some states still require a mandatory quarantine upon your return from abroad. Information on what is required for each state can be found on our Travel News Hub.