Case study: Supporting the world’s largest design, engineering and project management consultancies
The client was one of the world’s largest design, engineering and project management consultancies which delivers complex projects for clients across the region. Before partnering with FCM, they maintained a somewhat fragmented travel program across its offices in Dubai, Qatar, Bahrain, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and UAE. The geographic spread of their offices had led to difficulty monitoring and enforcing consistent processes and procedures across the region.
- FCM identified the client’s travel behaviours and patterns, before consolidating their travel management program and maximising savings.
- FCM provided and consolidated monthly reporting and spend analysis to track the client’s budget, travel trends and peak travel periods. By gaining greater visibility of the spend with airlines, FCM was able to leverage combined regional volumes and negotiate better deals.
- To improve booking processes and to drive travel policy compliance, FCM implemented its online booking tool (OBT).
- FCM utilised the OBT to ensure flights were booked according to the client’s travel policy and with a consistent approval process for both online and offline bookings.
- To help smooth the transition FCM built effective relationships with the client’s travel staff and provided support to the travel bookers on the OBT.
- FCM carefully managed the changeover process, as some offices had established relationships with local travel agencies.
- FCM provided a consistent team to manage the account, while ensuring central points of contact were maintained at a senior and business level.
- FCM’s 24/7 services provide support for the client's executive team which often needs to make booking changes outside of regular business hours.
"The feedback from our team has been very supportive of the partnership. We look forward to continuing to work with FCM to further our partnership for mutual benefits."
- Corporate Development Director at Client Firm, Middle East & Africa
By introducing a consistent travel policy across all locations, savings of AED 200,000 were achieved over a 12 month period. FCM significantly increased the client’s OBT adoption rate with travel bookers across the region. FCM helped to negotiate lower fares and improved flexibility for travel in the region via a FlyDubai contract and an effective Etihad Airways agreement.