The US is open to Canadian travellers
Transborder travel is back!
Our friends to the south have always allowed Canadians to enter throughout the pandemic, but the good news is that most of us can now return home without the need to quarantine.
To get you going, we've put together a comprehensive outline of everything you need to know to prepare for what might be your first international trip in a while.
From airline and flight information, to arrival testing steps and more — you can find all the resources below to ensure you're ready to visit the U.S. again.
Booking your trip
Ready when you are! If you’re planning to travel to the U.S. soon, feel free to reach out to your FCM Team at any time. We're here to support you every step of the way, from booking and pre-trip preparation, through to in-journey assistance.
Your travel checklist
We’ve put together a comprehensive checklist to make sure you have everything you need for a seamless journey. When travelling to the U.S. remember to:
- Download the ArriveCAN app and save your documents
- Check with your employer that you have sufficient travel insurance cover
- Carry a hard copy of your vaccine card, negative test and quarantine plan
Arrival testing steps and other info
Travellers must be fully vaccinated to travel to the U.S without arrival quarantine. To be considered fully vaccinated, travellers must have received a full series of a vaccine or a combination of vaccines at least 14 days prior to entering the U.S. Travellers must also complete up to three negative COVID tests:
- Within 72 hours of your outbound flight from Canada
- Within 72 hours of your departure flight back to Canada
- Upon landing in Canada (these tests are randomised)
Airline and flight information
Looking for direct flights to the U.S.? We've listed all airlines for you, along with additional information to help you understand what each airline offers.
- Contactless check-in is available with most chains, please check your mobile app should it be available at your specific property
- Cleanliness standards are in place at all FCM preferred hotel brands/chains
- Some hotels may have a limited or modified service including breakfast, on-site restaurants, and room service
- Face coverings are required in most indoor settings; please follow local guidelines as they may differ
Returning to Canada
There is nothing specific you need to do when leaving the U.S. other than to make sure you have completed a test and received a negative result.
Once back in Canada, please remember that some provinces still require a mandatory quarantine upon your return from abroad. Information on what is required can be found on our Travel News Hub.