Case Study: Cost Savings through Travel Consolidation
Infineon Technologies AG provides solutions for enhancing energy efficiency, mobility and security. FCM Travel Solutions has managed their travel program in Germany for more than 10 years and the company’s global travel program since 2009.
Prior to this, Infineon maintained a fragmented global program comprising different travel agencies; multiple suppliers for air, hotel and car; numerous payment procedures and limited visibility of their global spend. FCM used its global capabilities and flexible solutions to achieve worldwide consolidation of Infineon’s travel management services, policies and procedures.
- FCM conducted a comprehensive review of the company’s global travel activities and procedures, areas for improvement were identified and a new uniform travel program was implemented.
- To consolidate Infineon’s travel program globally and to implement FCM as the central provider for travel management to create greater visibility of its spend through centralised systems.
- To implement a change management plan that outlined a one-best-way approach for global consolidation of technology, data control, payment procedures and policy.
- To streamline the complex travel program arrangement in Asia, shifting from ‘hidden commissions’ to FCM’s strategy of transparent pricing. This required traveller education to achieve company wide understanding of the long-term benefits of consolidation.
- After a review FCM helped to implement a uniform platform for payment procedures, with the consolidation strategy involving introducing credit card solutions in all markets.
- New online booking tools were implemented to provide best-in-class technology according to each region’s needs. Online solutions and a self booking tool were used to support Infineon’s objective of online adoption rates of more than 80% to drive compliance and reduce travel spend.
- Improved data management was driven via FCM’s world-class reporting solution – a central web-based platform to gather reservation and financial data for a multi-dimensional view of travel expenditure. This was then used to drive policy management and supplier negotiations, and to determine future travel strategies.
FCM and Infineon’s strong partnership made it possible to effectively consolidate travel management services and procedures across 22 countries. FCM successfully implemented 11 markets within three months and the other countries followed.