Mobile solutions designed for busy travellers
Mobile provides travellers with all of their travel information at their fingertips to access whilst on the go.
We believe that corporate travel should be a positive experience, and as a key solution within FCM Connect, Mobile helps busy travellers feel more relaxed, in control and focused on their destination.
Travellers are empowered through the many benefits Mobile offers, including:
- Flight and hotel bookings stored in one place
- Access your itinerary online and offline with automatic itinerary updates
- Quick access to Qantas, Virgin Australia, Jetstar and Air New Zealand online check-in systems with pre-fill details
- Tracking and flight status alerts via email notifications
- Make a booking or change to your trip (subject to fare rules and airline restrictions)
We know you can’t always manage, book or view your business travel services and plans from your desk. That is why we believe it is crucial to develop technology that enhances your traveller experience on-the-go.
Our Smart Assistant for Mobile or Sam for short is an industry-first. This mobile app is a travel assistant in the pocket, powered by artificial intelligence. Sam has proved a game-changer for clients and many have said it has “saved” them during a trip. It is simple and intuitive to use thanks to its chatbot-based interface making it just like using Facebook Messenger or WhatsApp.
Whether you are on the move or away on a business trip, you can be confident that Sam can handle everything from booking your flights, hotels or ground transport to updating you on the weather at your destination so you know what to pack.
Sam also advises you on your exact departure gate, flight time changes or where to collect your bags plus suggests restaurants to visit, alerts you about traffic delays and connects you to a live text or phone chat with a consultant if you need or want it.
Created by our innovative FCM Lab to be friendly and personal, it has been based on real-life FCM travel consultants and was designed to solve common problems identified by extensive research among travellers and clients just like you.
Thanks to Sam, all traveller information is always at your fingertips putting you in control 24/7. This makes for a more relaxed journey, positively impacting your well-being and allowing you to focus on your destination and the business in hand.
Meet Sam, your pocket assistant
Beyond organising all your business trips in a beautiful itinerary, Sam gets in touch anytime there’s something about your travel plans you need to be aware of. Flight status? Change of gate? Traffic jam on your way to the airport? With Sam, you will never miss a thing.
- Easy to read and detailed travel itinerary
- Automatic itinerary synchronisation of corporate bookings
- Online check in reminders
- Notifications including flight status reports, boarding gate changes, weather and traffic reports, restaurant recommendations and more
- Easily forward any other reservations (such as Travel Club or Flight Centre leisure bookings) via email
- Share your trips easily with family and colleagues via SMS, email, WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger and other social channels
- Export trips within your itinerary to your calendar easily
- Request a ride with Uber or Lyft to any of the locations in your itinerary
- Contact your dedicated travel manager or support team via phone
- Share your location at any time with colleagues and family*
- Upload your expenses on the go with one tap access to your integrated report expense tool^
Next phase features
Sam is always looking for ways to improve and become even more helpful for travellers. Learn more about new features in upcoming app releases.
Business travel tips and advice via Sam Community
Sam Community will be the world’s first chatbot assisted community for travellers. This next phase feature taps into the knowledge and experience of a global community of business travellers, serving up user-generated tips and advice based on a traveller’s location or when they ask Sam for assistance or inspiration.
Seamless travel management with Sam for Travel Bookers
Sam caters for the needs of Travel Bookers including executive assistants and meeting organisers who manage multiple travellers as part of their role. Sam ensures bookers are aware of potential issues impacting their traveller(s) and prompts appropriate actions including booking changes as well as allowing direct communication with the traveller to ensure their wellbeing.