We know you can’t always manage, book or view your business travel services and plans from your desk. That is why we believe it is crucial to develop technology that enhances your traveller experience on-the-go. And that's why we created Sam:]
Our Smart Assistant for Mobile, or Sam for short, is an industry-first. Our mobile app is a travel assistant in your pocket, powered by artificial intelligence. Sam has proved a game-changer for clients and many have said it has “saved” them during a trip. It is simple and intuitive to use thanks to its chatbot-based interface, which is like using Facebook Messenger or WhatsApp.
Whether you're on the move or away on a business trip, you can be confident that Sam can handle everything, from booking your flights, hotels or ground transport to updating you on the weather at your destination so you know what to pack. Sam also advises you on your exact departure gate, flight time changes or where to collect your bags plus suggests restaurants to visit, alerts you about traffic delays and connects you to a live text or phone chat with a consultant if you need or want it. And for those that manage or book travel on behalf of others, we now have Sam:] for Travel Arrangers.
Created by our innovative FCM Lab to be friendly and personal, Sam's based on real-life FCM travel consultants and designed to solve common problems identified by extensive research among travellers and clients.
Sam:] makes every traveller's business trip easier
Sam:] travel alerts
As a travel companion, Sam:] has always been quick to let you know about changes to your flight or your gate, traffic conditions and what to expect weather-wise. Now, thanks to a partnership between FCM Secure and WorldAware intelligence, Sam:] helps your company fulfill its duty of care requirements by sending relevant security notifications to travellers - and allows them to share their location to notify they are safe.
A snapshot of the features:
- Real-time notifications combining GPS (with permission) and the traveller's itinerary
- Notifications broken down by Warning or Critical alerts and include recommendations by real travel and risk management experts
- “Report I’m safe” capabilities
- Warning alerts can also be enabled and consist of two categories: environmental and security alerts
- Security notifications are sent both to the traveller and the travel arranger (if activated).
Introducing Sam:] for Travel Arrangers
Managing the travel plans of one individual can be difficult enough, but co-ordinating travel plans for whole teams of people can be complicated - especially when unforeseen and unexpected issues arise.
Thanks to Sam for Travel Arrangers – the latest iteration of FCM’s smart assistant for mobile - travel management can be hassle-free.
What does Sam:] do?
The app - available from the App Store and Google Play - will seamlessly support anyone responsible for travel itineraries, meeting bookings, appointment scheduling or the general well-being and safety of a CEO, entire department or any number of single employees from offices around the world.
Whether it's for one or 1000+ travellers, those working as a travel arranger, EA, meeting scheduler or security manager, for example, can use the app to oversee where their travellers are or are meant to be - and then instantly help them when problems occur, often before they become aware of the issue themselves. Previously, when a flight or accommodation booking was suddenly cancelled, the original version of Sam would automatically alert the traveller - and it still does.
But now it has the much-needed and requested ability to tell the travel arranger and wider team too by linking them to that traveller’s itinerary through a download of the app onto their own phone.
How does Sam:] do it?
The power of technology is changing the very nature of corporate travel. Sam is designed to incorporate the most important features that a traveller and a travel arranger needs.
Sam for Travel Arrangers really does take care of everything from within the app. It can be used to:
- Show each traveller’s flight plans and automatically alert the travel manager to any substantial delays or cancellations
- Allow anyone overseeing a traveller to check whether they have remembered to book a hotel room or car transfer if they had promised to do so
- Remotely book alternative flights, accommodation or transfers and notify the traveller with the confirmations needed [coming soon]
- Send messages to each traveller and anyone who looks after them about important destination information as well as any changes or problems arising
- Mark specific trips as personal so a traveller can use Sam’s helpful features when on holiday but without any oversight or assistance from their company.