Anatomy of corporate travel mobile apps
You might still book your business travel plans at your desk, but what about the information or changes you need to make when you’re out and about?
Travel arrangers and travelers alike need a mobile app that complements the system they’re using on their laptops; the same experience, the same data, the same profile, just on a different device.
If you're in travel management or lead the relationship with your travel management company; here are some of the top features you need from a corporate travel app.
Your personal travel habits
Everyone travels differently. Some travelers prefer the window to the aisle, some really love a particular hotel chain. Use your mobile app to keep all those details together; it’ll help filter your choices for future bookings too. Information like:
- Enter your airline, hotel, and car rental membership numbers to earn points.
- Add your airline seating and meal preferences.
- See your carbon emissions per trip.
- Request a ride from Uber or Lyft.
Information all in one place
No fumbling around in your pockets or suitcase; it’s way easier to have all your travel plans and documents stored digitally in one app, such as:
- Fully-synced travel plans.
- Essential travel document storage.
- Keep your profile and preferences up to date.
- Up-to-date COVID instructions and entry requirements.
- Show virtual card at check-in through Conferma integration.
- Importing your personal trips
Handy notifications and tips
With the help of digital assistants, you’re always getting helpful tips and advice to keep your journey moving smoothly. And when the rumors start circulating about cancelations or delays, you can trust the alerts in your app to be accurate and relevant for your trip. Your business travel app should:
- Remind you to check in and let you know your gate number.
- Gives you directions to the airport.
- Tell you or your travel booker when your flight has been delayed or canceled.
- Alert you about critical travel disruptions.
Easy access to support
You aren’t left hanging with no one to help you! Your mobile app should easily provide:
- One-touch phone call to your travel team.
- On-demand chat support.