We know you can’t always manage, book or view your business travel services and plans from your desk. That is why we believe it is crucial to develop technology that enhances your traveler experience on-the-go. And that’s why we created Sam.
Sam, short for Smart Assistant for Mobile, is FCM’s 24/7 mobile travel assistant: a friendly travel-intelligent mobile app “chatbot” enhanced with the expertise of an FCM consultant. Sam is designed to carry you through every step of your travel journey as a support system and helpful advisor. Sam will send you travel alerts based on up-to-date information to ensure you don’t miss your connection. But if you do, Sam will help schedule you onto the next best option, all within your company travel policy.
With Sam, you can:
- Book, change or cancel an air, car or hotel reservation.
- See travel plans organized in a comprehensive itinerary displaying all the details you need to easily manage your trip.
- Receive notifications regarding flight delays, boarding gate changes, weather and traffic reports.
- Speak with an FCM consultant at the touch of a button.
- Complete online check-in for your flight.
- Receive critical travel risk information through our partnership with WorldAware.
- Access a virtual credit card for easy hotel payments and confirmations.
- Direct link to rideshare apps, expense tools and driving directions.
Sam:] is always on, so you don’t have to be.
Sam:] for Travel Arrangers
Managing the travel plans of one individual can be difficult enough but coordinating travel plans for whole teams of people can be complicated - especially when unforeseen and unexpected issues arise. Thanks to Sam for Travel Arrangers travel management can be hassle-free.
Whether it's for one or 1000+ travelers, those working as a travel arranger or EA can use the app to oversee where their travelers are or are meant to be - and then instantly help them when problems occur, often before they become aware of the issue themselves.
This feature can be used to:
- Show each traveler’s flight plans and automatically alert the travel manager to any substantial delays or cancellations
- Allow anyone overseeing a traveler to check whether they have remembered to book a hotel room or car transfer if they had promised to do so
- Send messages to each traveler about important information or problems arising
- Mark specific trips as personal so a traveler can use Sam’s helpful features when on holiday but without any oversight or assistance from their company.
Sam for Travel Arrangers can be accessed via desktop or the mobile app, even if the traveler has not downloaded Sam.
Travel safe with Sam:]
Thanks to a partnership between FCM Secure and WorldAware intelligence, Sam helps your company fulfill its duty of care requirements by sending security notifications that are relevant to your itinerary. Plus, you can share your location and notify them that you are safe.
Duty of care features:
- Real-time notifications combining GPS (with permission) and the traveler's itinerary
- Notifications broken down by Warning or Critical alerts together with expert recommendations
- “Report I’m safe” capabilities
- Security notifications can be configured to be sent both to traveler and travel arranger
Sam:] virtual payment integration
Conferma card imagery will now be accessible in Sam when a virtual card has been used to secure a hotel reservation. The imagery will be available at check-in or within 24 hours of check-in, depending on the hotel. The virtual card can be used in a similar way to Apply Pay or Google Pay, with the card being accessible on your phone to present to the hotel for payment processing.
Ever arrive at a hotel to find that the payment authorization details are not on file? Thanks to the new resend functionality, travelers will now be able to resend third-party authorization to the hotel while checking in.
No matter your journey, you’ll never again travel alone thanks to Sam.
Join the fastest growing community of empowered corporate travelers. Contact FCM Travel Solutions to book your free demo today.