The South African Government has instituted a travel ban in a bid to stop the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus).
The latest travel bans and restrictions instituted include:
- Travel bans effective 18 March 2020 from high-risk countries such as Italy, Iran, South Korea, Spain, Germany, United States, UK and China.
- South Africans are to refrain from travel to/through high-risk countries effective immediately such as the European Union, China, Iran, South Korea, UK and USA.
- Travellers from medium-risk source markets such as Portugal, Singapore and Hong Kong, need to present themselves for testing.
- Anyone who has travelled to these countries from mid-February, need to present themselves for testing.
- Self-isolation for South Africans who have come from high-risk destinations.
- Intensified screening at all ports of entry.
- All non-essential domestic travel is discouraged.
- Gatherings of more than 100 people prohibited.
We understand that these are challenging times and we are here to support you in any way possible. We are proactively contacting our customers to assist with changes to their immediate travel. Should you have any questions, please contact your dedicated Travel Expert.
Call volumes may be higher than normal and our Travel Experts are assisting customers with bookings in order of date of departure (immediate departures).