Your health and well-being while travelling is important to us, so our priority is to ensure you are kept up-to-date on the latest information and updates concerning domestic travel during these times. As lockdowns relax and travel starts in phased manner, we want to ensure that you stay updated about travel guidelines as they change frequently with respect to the changing situation induced by the COVID-19 outbreak.
Here we summarise the current rules and regulations pertaining to domestic air travel and information about state wise quarantine protocols along with safety regulations as directed by the government of India for travellers.
Safety Rules and Regulations
Follow these domestic air travel rules as you embark on your journey to ensure your safety of those of others around you.
Domestic Airlines Rules
Check what rules apply for different domestic airlines before you travel within the country.
State-wise Quarantine Protocols
Quarantine rules and regulations as directed by state governments in India
- Maharashtra: All travelers from Delhi, Goa, Rajasthan & Gujarat must carry RT-PCR negative report taken within 72hrs prior arrival or will undergo test upon arrival at own cost. Post test will be sent to home. Aarogya Setu App mandatory.
- Goa / Bihar/ Karnataka / Odisha / Sikkim/ Haryana/ Chandigarh/ Himachal Pradesh- No Obligations. Aarogya Setu App mandatory and self monitor
- Gujarat- Self monitor 14days mandatory Registration for Surat. https://www.suratmunicipal.gov.in/EServices/Covid19SelfReporting
- Madhya Pradesh- Symptoms travelers to fill Undertaking form for 14Days HQ, random test may be demanded. All passenger are required update their health status on Indore 311 App Mandatory registration on https://www.smartcityindore.org/311-app/
- West Bengal- 14 days Self monitor and for symptomatic passenger, the Health Authorities will decide .submit the declaration form using Sandhane App http://18.104.22.168/systems/Sandhane/1.2/Sandhane_Gen.apk
- Arunachal Pradesh- Rapid Test will be done to all travelers. All asymptomatic passengers to self-isolate Symptomatic will be shifted Covid center
- Telangana- Health Authorities shall decide about the Quarantine for symptomatic passenger
- Chhattisgarh- COVID test shall be conducted for symptomatic travelers IQ till the test results
- Tripura- Symptomatic passenger 14Days HQ, Test will be conducted on random basis. No quarantine Asymptomatic travelers
- Jharkhand-NO Quarantine. 14 days Self monitor. Registration mandatory https://jharkhandtravel.nic.in/public/index.php
- Punjab- Mandatory registration on Cova app https://bit.ly/3h3jPmE
- Andhra Pradesh-Thermal screening shall be done for both international and domestic passengers Mandatory to Enroll in Spandana app https://www.spandana.ap.gov.in
Home Quarantine - 14 Days
- Delhi -7 days HQ, Exemption- Business and corporate traveler carrying return ticket but at the discretion of the health authorities at airport
- Uttar Pradesh-14 days HQ Exemption- Business visitors exiting within 7 days and carrying return ticket. Registration mandatory https://reg.upcovid.in
- Kerala-14Days HQ Exemption - No quarantine for business visitors exiting within 7 days. Registration mandatory https://covid19jagratha.kerala.nic.in on https://covid19jagratha.kerala.nic.in/home/addMedicalEmergencyPass
- J & K- Undergo RT-PCT upon arrival. If test positive to undergo. 14Days HQ, passenger to fill ICMR Health form on arrival mandatory Aarogya APP.
- Rajasthan- 14 Days HQ for all travelers, Symptomatic passengers will be isolated and taken to nearest health facility. Submit Self-Health Declaration
- Uttarakhand-7 days HQ for stay more the 7days, No Quarantine if carried RT-PCR negative report taken 96hrs prior arrival. Exemption - No quarantine for business and corporate traveler return within 7daysMandatory Registration - http://smartcitydehradun.uk.gov.in/
Tamil Nadu-COVID test for symptomatic passengers on discretion from health officials, 14 days – HQ for all passengers, Symptomatic and COVID tested positive will be taken to Hospital Isolation, Asymptomatic tested positive will be taken to COVID Care Centre for management, Exception business traveler exiting within 72 hrs & return ticket mandatory. Mandatory to register on TN-PASS https://tnepass.tnega.org
Home/Institutional/Hotel Quarantine - 14 days
- Mizoram-14 Days IQ for all passenger. 14 Days HQ if provided they clear the Rapid Antibody Test. No obligation if test is negative M-Pass Mandatory https://mcovid19.mizoram.gov.in/
- Meghalaya-RT-PCR test for all arriving passengers. 48hrs IQ for all passenger, if test is negative, 14Days HQ is mandatory. If Tested positive will be shifted to Covid facility. Register on state portal http://meghalayaonline.gov.in/covid/travel.htm
- Andaman & Nicobar-Rapid test upon arrival at cost Rs. 500. Symptomatic passengers shall be tested RT-PCR and IQ till the test results are available. 7days IQ for All Mainland and inter island passenger.
- Assam-COVID Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) will be conducted upon arrivals followed by RT-PCR Test at all the Airports. If RAT result is NEGATIVE- swab sample would be taken for RT-PCR testing. Isolation for 5days or till the Result. Home Quarantine of 10 days is mandatory Exemption – No Quarantine for return with in 24hrs, return ticket mandatory.
- Manipur- Mandatory covid test upon arrival. 14 days HQ If the test result is negative, Exception: Passengers with short stay (7 days or less) will be exempted from quarantine provided, return ticket within 3 days of arrival and approved lab COVID test negative report taken during last 48 hrs. Mandatory to register on https://quarmonmanipur.nic.in
- Nagaland: 7 Days IQ followed by 14 days HQ Nagaland Visito app. Quarantine exempted if returning in 48hrs and must obtain permission from District Task Force https://covid19.nagaland.gov.in/
Travellers are advised to check all details before commencing their travel, like flight number, terminal, baggage allowance, quarantine details, safety measures and so on. For more information on current updates and guideline, contact us or get in touch with your dedicated travel consultant.